Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Writer Unboxed � A Planner tackles NaNoWriMo

Writer Unboxed � A Planner tackles NaNoWriMo:

Juliet Marillier tried Nanowrimo in 2011, and here she writes about some of the things she learnt from the experience.

I signed up for NaNoWriMo for the first time this year. It was more of an experiment than anything, though I had two good reasons for wanting to ditch my usual work practices for the month and concentrate on getting as many words down on the page as possible. Firstly, I was presenting a pair of novel writing workshops in mid-November, and I knew many of the participants were attempting NaNo. I figured my presentation would be more relevant for them if I’d shared the experience in all its frustration and frenzy. Secondly, my current writing load is ridiculously heavy (memo to self, learn to say No) and I figured that getting the first 50,000 words of the new novel done in a month would be a fantastic, morale-boosting start.

No comments:

Post a Comment