Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sarah Spotting at Continuum

Oh goodness me, I leave tomorrow morning!

I have been superbusy with home life this year, but one of the most important things that has happened is that John and I won the NAFF race! NAFF is a fund set up to help get Fans to the annual National SF Convention who might otherwise not be able to afford to come, as well as to promote the flow of ideas, friendships and projects across Australia. We were incredibly honoured to win this race, but unfortunately things haven't worked out to plan, and so Continuum will only be getting half the Parker household.

If you're in Melbourne, and at Continuum, please do come over and say hello. One of the key elements of NAFF is to get fans talking to fans. Plus any one who is active in fandom is eligible for the NAFF race, and it's a great project to be a part of.
So, onto the Sarah Spotting!

At the Convention, my panels look like this:

  • Continuum 101 - Friday 20:30 until Friday 21:00 with: Hespa , David McDonald,
  • Continuum 101 - Saturday 11:00 until Saturday 11:30 with: Hespa , Emilly McLeay, Emilly McLeay,
  • Crafts In Space! - Sunday 11:00 until Sunday 12:00 with: Trudi Canavan, Lyn McConchie, Tansy Rayner Roberts
  • Workshop: Dragon Flying School - Sunday 15:00 until Sunday 16:00
  • Readings - Monday 10:00 until Monday 11:00 with: George Ivanoff, Gillian Polack, Michael Pryor
  • What The NAFF Is A Fan Fund? - Monday 15:00 until Monday 16:00 with: Sue Ann Barber, Alan Stewart
PLUS! I will be hosting a NAFF Fundraising party on the Saturday night, after the Masquerade I think it is! There will be some drinks and munchies provided, and I'm really excited! I must buy lots of lollies! Hope to see you all there.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I was there with you, Sarah - I had hoped to go but finances didn't permit. I just couldn't find anywhere cheap to stay within cooeee of the venue. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was there too, Sarah, but just couldn't face the long flight.

    ReplyDelete