Friday, May 17, 2013

Short Story Competition Win

Over at carolryles.net, I blog about my win in the Conflux 9 short story competition.

I’m especially pleased about this as the story, "The Silence of Clockwork" works as a prequel to my novel, Heart Fire, by showing some of the history of its male protagonist, Ruk, a bold, daring shapeshifting spirit who plots to escape the human word, but his shifterness prevents him.

Conflux 9 was held in Canberra in late April. It’s theme was steampunk (angels, junk and steam), an added bonus.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Carol! That is wonderful, and he is one of my all-time favourite characters. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jo and Helen. I'm wondering what to do with Ruk in novel 2. Lucian, one of the characters in my story will be in novel 2, but this time as an adult. I'm guessing it could be interesting if they meet again.

    ReplyDelete